Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Itchy Scratchy Show

Poor little punkin.... he had a rather nasty allergic reaction to a mere fragment of a cashew today.





So there he was toddling around the doc's office, one giant hive, not quite sure what to do with himself but whimper and scratch. I could do nothing but sit on the floor and whimper with him and feel powerless, while gnashing my teeth at our lengthy wait to be seen (so as to vent my protective but powerless Mommy spleen).

Someone shared a quote with me recently which I can not recall in its exact incarnation, but basically says this:
that becoming a parent means one must be prepared to accept that from now on your heart will be walking around outside your body...
and today mine had a terrible rash.

I am currently very grateful to Benadryl for healing my heart's itchy welts.

No comments: